The top 11 Brazil World Cup 2014 adverts and viral videos are listed below.
1. Nike Football: The Last Game ft. Ronaldo, Neymar Jr., Rooney, Zlatan, Iniesta & more. The cartoon format was a game changer for the sportswear giant and could well go down as the most memorable Brazil 2014 commercial.
2. Beats by Dre: The Game Before The Game. The joke doing the rounds after this release was that Beats by Dre had spent the 3 billion dollars from Apple on one pretty glorious advert. This is one of the slickest World Cup ads of all time.
3. Nike Football: Winner Stays. ft. Ronaldo, Neymar Jr., Rooney, Ibrahimović, Iniesta & more. The second of three Nike World Cup adverts, released in April and with over 74 million views on YouTube. The classic Nike format and there is no doubting it still works!
4. Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO): FIFA and the World Cup. Deserves the widest audience possible for explaining just how many of us feel about the upcoming tournament. Its going to be awesome, but football’s governing body need to change.
5. The Dream: all in or nothing ft. Messi, Alves, Suárez, Özil, RVP and more — FIFA World Cup. Adidas rolled out their biggest stars and the commercial is set to ‘The Dream’, a specially recorded Kanye West track. Over 33 million views on YouTube is pretty good going!
6. House Match ft. Beckham, Zidane, Bale and Lucas Moura: all in or nothing. Considering not one of the four big stars in this Adidas commercial are heading to the World Cup, this is impressive. David Beckham and Zinedine Zidane are pretty much always winners for Adidas.
7. Comercial Mineros – Apoyo Selección camino al Mundial 2014. Forget facing Spain and Holland… The 33 miners trapped for 69 days tell Chile: Nothing is impossible. It may be in Spanish but this Bank of Chile advert deserves a wide audience. Got the be the most stirring World Cup advert.
8. Met Heineken vier je de Oranjekoorts!. Heineken released a terrific advert in Holland a couple of months ago. For many, a commercial that features Dennis Bergkamp as Christ the Redeemer is a guaranteed great watch. And so it proves…
9. McDonald’s GOL! FIFA World Cup – Brasil 2014. The global fast food goliath sought out some of the best freestyle footballers in Rio de Janeiro, and they then watched them entertain locals as they went about their daily lives. The tricks which the freestylers pulled off are breathtaking, and it’s hard to believe that computer graphics weren’t used in some of the more amazing tricks.
10. El Fantasma del 50 ya está en Brasil. The “Maracanazo,” the 1950 World Cup… you will be hearing a lot about these in the coming weeks, if you have not been overloaded already. Back in November Puma pulled out a video of the Uruguay Phantom of 1950 enjoying himself in Brazil!
11. 2014 FIFA World Cup on ESPN — Ian Darke Calls a Date. ESPN have pulled out a fair few adverts that have tickled our fancy in the past few months. Darke is an experienced and classy commentator, as he proves here as well!