Indian schoolchildren form the shape of the new symbol for the Rupee at a school in Chennai. India unveiled a symbol for its rupee currency that it hopes will become as globally recognised as signs for the dollar, the yen, the pound and the euro. Ministers made their final decision at a cabinet meeting after examining a shortlist of five designs. The winning design was inspired by the letter “R” in the Roman alphabet and “Ra” from the ancient Devanagari script used in Hindi
Parishioners carry twelve flambeaus to bless the way for twelve local gods to travel to the holy Nachi Waterfall during the annual Nachi Fire Festival at the Kumano Nachi Taisha shinto shrine in Nachi-Katsuura, Wakayama Prefecture, Japan
A Chinese farmer has received two watermelons for the price of one after harvesting a double fruit from his field in Wuhan, central China’s Hubei province. 25-year-old Xiong Wei said: “It’s the first time for me to see such a weird shaped watermelon.”
Workers pack sweets inside a large box at the annual international Damascus Exhibition in Syria. The 112-metre-long sweet box, weighing four tons, has been registered as the largest filo dessert in the Guinness World Records
1. You took us to see Justin Bieber
2. Your attention to detail when attending costume parties
3. The way you observe food hygiene standards
4. Your general enthusiasm
6. Your contribution to family photographs
7. The way you want to ‘join in’ with everything
8. The way you introduced us to your taste in music
9. Your road safety lessons
10. When we couldn’t afford to go to the theme park…we made our own entertainment
11. Those T-shirts you wore on family outings
12. The way you encouraged us to take a close interest in nature
13. We will never forget our first music festival. And you will never remember it.
13. Your tattoos of us
14. You taught us about the dark side
15. And when we were tired you carried us
16. Your jokes..so many jokes….
18. When we were out of line – you responded appropriately
20. And to the beach
Thank you Dads everywhere.
There are many funny differences between women and men. You can see them in everyday situations. Next time, when you have a fight with your couple, try to remember these pictures!